Coaching in Practice Development Programme
"It was a truly thought provoking course.”
"One of the best courses I have been on for a long while – very informative. Excellent!”
A two day ILM recognised development programme combining the theory and practical application of the GROW and TGROW (i.e. Topic, Goal, Reality, Options, Will do) models and enables participants to learn more about the theory and practice of coaching as a leadership tool within a learning context.
- Workshop 1 focuses on engaging with coaching, and then around 3 weeks later
- Workshop 2 focuses on becoming an effective coach
This model allows face-to-face opportunities at Workshop 2 for participants to apply techniques learned on Workshop 1 and then to extend these skills further during Workshop 2 and apply to their personal experiences and practice.
This programme provides participants with the opportunity to practice coaching techniques in a safe and secure environment. Participants will:
- Learn about coaching as a powerful development tool
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an effective coach
- Explore different coaching models
- Develop practical skills, tools and techniques to support these models
- Put new skills into practice (at workshop days and in the workplace)
- Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own coaching
Who should attend?
The programme is suitable for all educational, health and social care professionals working in educational organisations as well as primary and community healthcare settings wishing to explore the theory and practice of coaching as a leadership tool.
This programme is designed for anyone seeking to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to coach and mentor people as part of their normal role.
For details of costs, please see the Price list
Currently available to organisations hosting their own local group deliveries.
Please Contact us if you have any queries about this programme.